Great Pyrenees / Mixed (medium coat) : : Male : : Adult : : Medium
Arlo is a very sweet, happy boy even after a some difficult transitions throughout his young life. First Arlo ended up in a scary Houston area shelter. Just when he thought life was going his way, he was abandoned with no food/no water for 3 days when his person ended up in jail.
Arlo is only 12-18 months old. He is on the smaller side, about 60 lbs. and would be perfect for a family wanting a smaller dog. This friendly boy loves to play with other dogs of all sizes and is great with kiddos too. Arlo also likes cats...but likes them a little too much and will chase them. Arlo is an attention hound and would love a home with lots of snuggles and cuddle time where he won’t be left at home alone all day.
To adopt Arlo, complete and application: https://greatpyreneesadvocatesoftexas.rescuegroups.org/forms/form?formid=6341
Adoption Criteria (adult 1-8 years)
1. Texas Adopters Only (we don't have the resources or volunteer support to adopt out of Texas at this time).
2. Adoption Fee: $375.00 (includes vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchip, heartworm test).
3. We only adopt out companion dogs that will be considered part of the family and will be primarily inside dogs.
4. Preference is for applicants to have some knowledge and experience with the Great Pyrenees breed. Specific information about the breed will be shared during the interview/virtual home visit.
5. Secure and visible fencing is required. In a very few cases, fencing options will be considered based on the specific needs of a particular dog.
6. Preference is for applicants willing to provide "positive" training to adopted dogs.
7. All current pets in adoptive homes should be spayed/neutered and up to date on vaccines.
More about Arlo
Good with Dogs, Not Good with Cats, Good with Kids, Good with Adults, Somewhat vocal, Does Good in the Car, Requires a yard, Leashtrained, Obedient, Playful, Affectionate, Intelligent, Gentle, Goofy
Connect With Us